poniedziałek, 17 czerwca 2013

3...2...1... (en/pl)

Whenever I start a blog, I ask myself the question "What am I going to write about?". Most blogs are usually devoted to a single subject, be it cooking, minimalism, travelling, parties or depressive musings. I tried that formula many times and sooner or later the blog would wither and die, since I had nothing new to write on the subject.
Only lately I realized the reason: most bloggers write about their major passion , or sometimes even the single thing that actually drives their lives. Myself, I'm a jack-of-all-trades. You know the second part, don't you? I have too many interests and too short an attention span to single-mindedly follow one subject. My brain is full of information, sometimes fascinating, mostly useless, which it picked up over the last thirty years. I am also a very impatient person, expecting the results of my actions to be quick, rather than impressive. Most of my blogs withered because I couldn't focus on the subject and lost the drive to submit new content without having any readers. Just once, I would like to change this.
In case you missed it, I just warned you. If you decide to follow this blog, you will find that I just can't focus on a single aspect of my life - there are too many of them. Instead, I will write on the topic which occupies my mind at that moment, be it linguistics, video games, cats or bodypiercing. You'll also see me struggle with at least one language other than my own (actually, you're witnessing it right now) and sometimes I just won't be able to translate what's on my mind. So if you see any weird posts in an alien tongue, don't worry - it's either too hermetic to translate, or I'm just not skilled enough.

=+=

Ilekroć zakładam bloga, najpierw zastanawiam się, o czym właściwie chcę pisać. Blogerzy zwykle skupiają się na konkretnej tematyce - gotowaniu, minimalizmie, podróżach, imprezach czy emieniu się. Moje dotychczasowe blogi były właśnie tematyczne i prędzej czy później umierały śmiercią naturalną, bo brakowało mi weny do tematu.
Dopiero niedawno uświadomiłem sobie, że istnieje fundamentalna różnica między mną, a większością blogerów: oni piszą o swojej głównej pasji, albo wręcz o czymś, co definiuje ich życie. Ja z kolei jestem wielowątkowy, moje zainteresowania są na tyle szerokie, że nie jestem w stanie wyspecjalizować się w czymś konkretnym. Przez trzydzieści lat nazbierałem w mózgu mnóstwo informacji, czasem fascynujących, często bezużytecznych. Jestem też wybitnie niecierpliwy, potrzebuję widzieć efekty swoich działań szybko, nawet jeśli nie są zbyt imponujące; moje blogi umierały dlatego, że nie otrzymywałem żadnego impulsu zwrotnego, który motywowałby mnie do trzymania się tematu. Czas to zmienić.
Nie, nie chodzi o to, że wezmę się w garść, wgryzę się w konkretny temat i będę pisał cokolwiek, chociażby najgorsze bzdety. To nie byłoby uczciwe ani wobec odbiorcy, ani wobec mnie samego. Po prostu zamierzam pisać o tym, co akurat siedzi mi w głowie, a jest tego sporo. Zamierzam też produkować się w obcych językach - angielski będzie pewnie na porządku dziennym.
Już zwątpiliście? Trudno. Wpadnijcie za jakiś czas, może zmienicie zdanie.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz